I've been behind on my blog lately not because I haven't done much but because I can't keep track of all the things I have done. I think I'm in pretty good shape with the score for ARTOIS THE GOAT (2009). There are so many untied knots however that it's hard to use my usual system of organization to keep track of it all. I've been dancing around from task to task just trying to keep the ball rolling.
Tonight I had the filmmakers over to hear a batch of nearly completed cues and some sketches I was working on. I nailed down the opening cue which has been a tough nut to crack. I went through several drafts of it before finally coming up with the right piece. I like it a lot.
Here's a brief unorganized rundown of where things are at:
• I have almost all the players I need. I still need bassoon.
• Olivier emailed me tonight and said he's got a first draft of the lyrics for the first song
• I've got three cues completely finished and the final mixes are already cut into the picture
• I've got about five cues copied out ready to be performed
• I'm going to start bringing in instrumentalists into my studio to lay down some tracks within the week
• I'm going to start recording the cello and piano cues at KMFA after 2/5
• There are around five or six cues that are in progress and I'd say nearly completed.
• There are another three or four cues that have been started and are in sketch form
Again, I'm so screwed up on what is done and what isn't and what still is left to do. This weekend I'm going to open up each project file and take notes on what I still need to do. I'm usually more organized than this but I've been needing to steamroll through the material for now. With February here and four or five weeks until the score needs to be delivered, I've got to remain focused and organized so that I don't miss anything.
I feel good though. The score is shaping up rather well.